"The 6th China International Aluminum Industry Forum 2010" organized by SMM and CBI EVENTS will be held in Holiday Inn Aqua City, Nanjing, China during Mar. 8~9, 2010.
The year 2009 was of both ups and downs on China's electrolytic aluminum market. Aluminum price rebounded to CNY 16, 000/ton at the end of 2009 from CNY 11, 000/ton in early 2009. Overall growth was close to 50% albeit not as robust compared with other metals. Chinese government invested 4 trillion Yuan to stimulate domestic demand; hence came a new round of acceleration for electrolytic aluminum production and capacity in this country. Monthly electrolytic aluminum production grew by 50kt. China has a huge aluminum capacity and high spot inventory. Industry insiders contended the excess would not change in short term. However, is this overcapacity inevitable? Is the electrolytic aluminum price hike at the end 2009 a result of speculation or a rational recovery?
In regard to macroeconomic regulation, China will adhere to its proactive financial policies as well as moderately loose monetary policies. NDRC is working on Several Suggestions on Encouraging and Developing Private-sector Investment. The document suggests private capital to be invested into five key fields including infrastructure construction, basic industries, etc. For the key components of electrolytic aluminum consumption, i.e. construction, transportation and home appliance have greatly supported aluminum consumption over 2009. How will such policies influence aluminum and downstream manufacturing in 2010? Will the change bring sustainable growth? Will China's aluminum consumption offset rapid growth of electrolytic aluminum?
"The 6th China International Aluminum Industry Forum 2010" is the first summit based on the demand of end users in China. With our foothold in China market and the perspective on global market, we are glad to present you an in-depth analysis on the most interesting topics as well as the progress of aluminum Industry in China. We look forward to your participation.
Day One: March 8 Morning
09:00 - 11:00 Registration
10:00 - 12:00 Demand-supply networking--Networking opportunities covering the entire industry chain!
12:00 - 14:00 Buffet lunch
Day One: March 8 Afternoon
14:00-16:00 Keynote Speech
1. Analysis on electrolytic aluminum and prospect in 2010----- Eric Zhang, senior analyst, Shanghai Nonferrous Metals (www.smm.cn)
2. Analysis and prospect on global economic condition and aluminum market-----Sandy Niu, Vice President, Morgan Stanley
3. China Aluminum processing market pattern & current situation and developing space of aluminum foil industry-----Song Yutian, Aluminum department Director, CNIA
4. Aluminum Price's returning to basics from capital speculation ----- Lin Yuhui, senior analyst, Nonfemet Commodities& Futures Agent Co., Ltd
16:30-17:30 SMM TALK
17:30-20:00 Gala Dinner
Day Two: March 9 Morning
09:00-12:00 Keynote Speech
1. Development of aluminum for construction in 2009----- Luo Zhenjun Section manager
Guangdong JMA Aluminum Profile Factory Co., Ltd.
2. Automobiles market of China – applications of strips and plates in aluminum cars ----- Jia Xinguang, Ex-analyst, China National Automotive Industry Consulting Development Company
3. China aluminum foil industry status and thought ------Zhang Yiqing, GM, Jiangsu Aluminum Co., Ltd
4. Infrastructure construction in China – industrial profiles for the high-speed trains ----- China CNR Co., Ltd. (TBD)
12:00 - 14:00 Buffet lunch
Forum official website：http://al2010.cbichina.com/