Report on the production and Transportation of Mine Iron Ore in the third quarter of 2018 (Rio Tinto Rio tinto)-Shanghai Metals Market

Hot Keywords

  • Zinc
  • Inventory data
  • Rare earth
  • Copper scrap
  • Copper
  • Market commentary
  • SMM
  • Morning comments
  • Evening comments
  • Aluminium
  • MMi Iron Ore Port Index
  • Cobalt
  • Futures movement
  • price forecast
  • Environmental protection drive

Report on the production and Transportation of Mine Iron Ore in the third quarter of 2018 (Rio Tinto Rio tinto)

Translation 02:10:43PM Oct 16, 2018 Source:Shanghai Nonferrous Metals Network

Report on the production and Transportation of Mine Iron Ore in the third quarter of 2018 (Rio Tinto Rio tinto)

Rio Tinto reported iron ore production and shipment in the third quarter, according to the Pilbala mine, which produced 82.5 million tons of iron ore in the third quarter, down 3 per cent from January to September, up 4 per cent from a year earlier. The mine shipped a total of 81.9 million tons of ore in the third quarter, down 7 per cent from the previous month and 5 per cent from a year earlier. Shipments from January to September totaled 250.7 million tons, up 4 per cent from a year earlier. The decline in iron ore shipments in the current quarter was mainly due to routine mine maintenance and suspension of mine operations caused by accidents.

The yield is divided into varieties:

Mine hot spot tracking in the third quarter:

The truck accident in the Paraburdoo mine is still under investigation.

In the third quarter, about 17 per cent of mine sales were priced based on the previous quarter index average of one month, while the rest were priced on a quarterly average, monthly average or port spot price.

About 33 per cent of sales in the quarter were sold at FOB prices and the rest on CIF prices.

The degree of automation of the Pilbala train system (AutoHaulTM) continues to improve, with an average of 34 automated trains per day in the third quarter, equivalent to 290000 km of transport per day. It is expected that by the end of 2018, the automatic train system (AutoHaulTM) will be fully operational.

The feasibility study of Koodaideri mine project is expected to be completed in 2018. Early engineering funding of US $146 million was approved on August 1, 2018, and a final investment decision is expected by the end of the year.

On October 1, 2018, Rio Tinto and the joint venture announced that they would continue to develop the RobeValley project for US $1.55 billion (53% of Rio Tinto's investment, US $820 million), and announced that they had been approved to develop WestAngelas mine C and D projects. Construction is expected to begin in 2019 subject to final government approval.

Rio Tinto's target volume for 2018 is still 3.3-340 million tons, which is expected to be close to 340 million tons.

Key Words:  Rio Tinto  third quarter  iron ore  production 

Report on the production and Transportation of Mine Iron Ore in the third quarter of 2018 (Rio Tinto Rio tinto)

Translation 02:10:43PM Oct 16, 2018 Source:Shanghai Nonferrous Metals Network

Report on the production and Transportation of Mine Iron Ore in the third quarter of 2018 (Rio Tinto Rio tinto)

Rio Tinto reported iron ore production and shipment in the third quarter, according to the Pilbala mine, which produced 82.5 million tons of iron ore in the third quarter, down 3 per cent from January to September, up 4 per cent from a year earlier. The mine shipped a total of 81.9 million tons of ore in the third quarter, down 7 per cent from the previous month and 5 per cent from a year earlier. Shipments from January to September totaled 250.7 million tons, up 4 per cent from a year earlier. The decline in iron ore shipments in the current quarter was mainly due to routine mine maintenance and suspension of mine operations caused by accidents.

The yield is divided into varieties:

Mine hot spot tracking in the third quarter:

The truck accident in the Paraburdoo mine is still under investigation.

In the third quarter, about 17 per cent of mine sales were priced based on the previous quarter index average of one month, while the rest were priced on a quarterly average, monthly average or port spot price.

About 33 per cent of sales in the quarter were sold at FOB prices and the rest on CIF prices.

The degree of automation of the Pilbala train system (AutoHaulTM) continues to improve, with an average of 34 automated trains per day in the third quarter, equivalent to 290000 km of transport per day. It is expected that by the end of 2018, the automatic train system (AutoHaulTM) will be fully operational.

The feasibility study of Koodaideri mine project is expected to be completed in 2018. Early engineering funding of US $146 million was approved on August 1, 2018, and a final investment decision is expected by the end of the year.

On October 1, 2018, Rio Tinto and the joint venture announced that they would continue to develop the RobeValley project for US $1.55 billion (53% of Rio Tinto's investment, US $820 million), and announced that they had been approved to develop WestAngelas mine C and D projects. Construction is expected to begin in 2019 subject to final government approval.

Rio Tinto's target volume for 2018 is still 3.3-340 million tons, which is expected to be close to 340 million tons.

Key Words:  Rio Tinto  third quarter  iron ore  production