Home / Metal News / Cobalt & Lithium / Charging Alliance: the number of charging piles in China was 1.322 million as of June, an increase of 31.9% over the same period last year.
Charging Alliance: the number of charging piles in China was 1.322 million as of June, an increase of 31.9% over the same period last year.
Jul 10,2020 16:46CST
The content below was translated by Tencent automatically for reference.

SMM: July 10, China Electric charging Infrastructure Promotion Alliance (hereinafter referred to as: charging Alliance) released charging pile operation data in June 2020.

According to the data, as of June 2020, a total of 558000 public charging piles have been reported by the members of the alliance, including 324000 AC charging piles, 234000 DC charging piles and 488 AC / DC integrated charging piles.

From July 2019 to June 2020, about 12000 new public charging piles will be added every month.

From the point of view of provinces and cities, the characteristics of relatively concentrated public charging infrastructure construction and high charging power concentration still exist.

Public charging infrastructure in Guangdong, Shanghai, Jiangsu, Beijing, Shandong, Zhejiang, Anhui, Hebei, Hubei and Fujian TOP10 areas accounted for 73.2%.

The rechargeable electricity throughout the country is mainly concentrated in Guangdong, Jiangsu, Shaanxi, Sichuan, Fujian, Beijing, Zhejiang, Shandong, Hubei, Henan, Shanghai, Anhui, Shanxi, Hunan, Chongqing, Jiangxi and other provinces. Passenger cars also account for a large proportion, although sanitation logistics vehicles, taxis and other types of vehicles account for a small proportion, but they are gradually increasing.

In June 2020, the country's total rechargeable electricity exceeded 600 million kWh, for the first time, up nearly 100 million kWh, from the previous month, an increase of 48.8 percent over the same period last year, and an increase of 19.7 percent over the previous month.

From the point of view of operators, the concentration of public charging infrastructure operators is high.

As of June 2020, there were eight charging piles operated by national charging operators with more than 10,000 charging piles. They are: 161000 sets of special call operation, 132000 sets of star charging operation, 88000 units of State Grid operation, 44000 units of cloud fast charge operation, 25000 units of Yiwei energy operation, 19000 units of SAIC Anyue operation, 14000 units of China Putian operation, and 13000 units of Shenzhen vehicle power grid operation. These eight operators account for 88.8% of the total, while the rest account for 11.2% of the total.

As of June 2020, the vehicle piles of about 1.11 million vehicles were sampled through the whole vehicle enterprises of the members of the alliance, of which 346000 charging facilities were not equipped with vehicles, and the overall unbuilt rate was 31.2%. Group users build their own piles, the property of residence does not cooperate, and there is no fixed parking space these three factors are the main reasons for the lack of charging facilities in the car, accounting for 70% of the total, and 30% of the rest.

As of June 2020, the cumulative number of charging infrastructure in the country was 1.322 million, an increase of 31.9% over the same period last year.

Click to register: "2020 (Fifth) China International Nickel, Cobalt and Lithium Summit Forum"

Scan the code to sign up for the Ni-Co-Li Summit or apply to join the SMM industry exchange group:

Charging pile
holding quantity

For queries, please contact Frank LIU at liuxiaolei@smm.cn

For more information on how to access our research reports, please email service.en@smm.cn

Cobalt & Lithium EVENTS