SMM7 / PRNewswire-Asianet /-South Korea's Posco said it had restarted production at its third blast furnace despite a global recession caused by Xinguan pneumonia. The third blast furnace had previously carried out maintenance work worth about 400 billion won (US $332.6 million).
The maintenance increased the annual crude steel output of the third blast furnace by 25% to 4.6 million tons. The resumption of production of the blast furnace was delayed twice in May and June as the outbreak led to a decline in demand from carmakers, construction companies and shipbuilders.
Posco has five blast furnaces in Guangyang and four in Posco, about 375 kilometers southeast of Seoul.
Posco said some of its 18000 employees were on paid leave from June 16, but the company declined to elaborate.
Scan the QR code and join the SMM metal communication group.