Home / Metal News / Copper / NBS: China April PPI Rose 8.0% YoY and 0.6% MoM
NBS: China April PPI Rose 8.0% YoY and 0.6% MoM
May 11, 2022 13:51CST
According to data released by the National Bureau of Statistics, in April 2022, China industrial producer price index rose 8.0% year-on-year and 0.6% month-on-month.

SHANGHAI, May 11 (NBS) - According to data released by the National Bureau of Statistics, in April 2022, China industrial producer price index rose 8.0% year-on-year and 0.6% month-on-month; industrial producer purchase price index rose 10.8% year-on-year and 1.3% month-on-month. From January to April, industrial producer ex-factory price index rose 8.5% on average compared to the same period last year, and industrial producer purchase prices rose 11.2%.

YoY change

In terms of industrial producer prices, production materials prices rose 10.3% YoY, affecting the total level of industrial producer ex-factory prices by about 7.78 percentage points. Among them, the price of extractive industries rose 38.3%, the price of raw materials industry rose 17.4%, and the price of processing industry rose 4.8%. Living materials prices rose 1.0% YoY, affecting the total level of industrial producer prices by about 0.23 percentage points. Among them, food prices rose by 1.6%, clothing prices rose by 0.7%, prices of general daily necessities rose by 1.8% and prices of consumer durables fell by 0.1%.

In terms of industrial producers purchase prices, fuel and power prices rose 34.8%, non-ferrous metal materials and wire prices rose 14.2%, chemical raw materials prices rose 11.7%, and ferrous metal materials prices rose 4.5%.

MoM change

In terms of industrial producer prices, production materials prices rose 0.8% MoM, affecting the total level of industrial producer ex-factory prices by about 0.59 percentage points. Among them, the price of extractive industries rose 2.0%, the price of raw materials industry rose 1.4%, and the price of processing industry rose 0.4%. Living materials prices rose 0.2% MoM , affecting the total level of ex-factory prices of industrial producers by about 0.05 percentage points. Among them, food prices rose by 0.4%, clothing and consumer durables prices were flat, general daily necessities prices rose by 0.2%.

In terms of industrial producers purchase prices, fuel and power prices rose 3.5%, ferrous metal materials prices rose 1.7%, non-ferrous metal materials and wire category and chemical raw materials prices all rose 1.2%.

Macro

For queries, please contact Frank LIU at liuxiaolei@smm.cn

For more information on how to access our research reports, please email michaeljiang@smm.cn

Related news