SMM1: due to the wide range of solid waste sources and serious harm to the environment and human health, the state pays more and more attention to solid waste treatment and disposal. The 2020 Law on the Prevention and Control of Environmental pollution by solid waste was revised and came into effect on September 1, 2020. the new bill adds a chapter on "safeguard measures", expands the content of management, and establishes a new management system. Increase the types of fines, increase the intensity of penalties, increase the amount of punishment, known as the "most stringent repeal law in history". The Ministry of Ecology and Environment also said that China will ban the import of solid waste in any form from January 1, 2020. In addition, there are many solid waste related policies are also closely related to enterprises.
Here, SMM has sorted out the important policies in the field of solid waste in China in 2020, so that enterprises can understand:
1. On December 30, 2020, the Ministry of Ecology and Environment and the Ministry of Transport issued a circular on continuing the pilot work of centralized collection and cross-regional transfer system for lead battery manufacturers. Since the implementation of the pilot work Program for centralized Collection and Cross-regional transfer system for lead Battery production Enterprises, pilot work has been actively carried out in various pilot areas, and a system for centralized collection and trans-regional transfer of waste lead batteries has been initially established. the standardized collection and handling rate of waste lead batteries has been greatly improved, and remarkable results have been achieved in the pilot work. In order to implement the newly revised Law of the people's Republic of China on the Prevention and treatment of Environmental pollution by solid waste, further improve the standardized collection and disposal rate of waste lead storage batteries, and effectively prevent environmental risks, it is now decided to continue to carry out pilot work on the basis of the "pilot work programme". "View details
2. At the end of December, the provisional import tax rate implemented in 2020 was appropriately adjusted according to the development of domestic industry and the changes in supply and demand. In order to implement the Law on the Prevention and Control of Environmental pollution by solid waste, from January 1, 2021, the provisional tax rate on the import of solid waste such as metal scrap will be abolished accordingly, and the most-favored-nation tax rate will be resumed. "View details
3. On December 16, the Ministry of Industry and Information Technology issued a list of enterprises for the comprehensive utilization of waste steel, waste plastics, waste tires and waste power batteries of new energy vehicles to be announced. "View details
4. In December, the Ministry of Ecology and Environment collected and selected a number of advanced technologies in the field of solid waste and soil pollution prevention and control, and compiled the National catalogue of Advanced pollution Prevention and Control Technologies in 2020 (solid waste and soil pollution prevention and control) (public draft). "View details
5. On November 30, the Ministry of Ecology and Environment said that China will ban the import of solid waste in any form from January 1 next year. "View details
6. On November 5, the Ministry of Ecology and Environment held a ministerial meeting to consider and adopt in principle documents such as the revised National Hazardous waste list. The meeting pointed out that it is necessary to guide localities to further improve the accuracy of attribute judgment and environmental management of hazardous wastes through the implementation of the National Hazardous waste list, promote the classification and classification management of hazardous wastes, and effectively improve the level of environmental management of hazardous wastes. "check https://t.smm.cn/U7vq716F for details
7. As the final year of promoting the reform of the solid waste import management system, on June 30, 2020, the Ministry of Ecology and Environment held a regular press conference, and spokesman Liu Youbin explicitly mentioned that "starting from 2021, the import of solid waste will be completely banned." the Ministry of Ecology and Environment will no longer accept and approve applications related to the import of solid waste. Accordingly, the newly revised Law on the Prevention and Control of Environmental pollution by solid waste will come into force on September 1 this year. "View details
8. In order to promote the improvement of the recycling system of scrapped motor vehicles, improve the recycling efficiency and service level, and strengthen the management of scrapped motor vehicle recycling and disassembly industry, the detailed rules for the implementation of scrapped motor vehicle recycling management measures have been formally implemented since September 1. These detailed rules stipulate that if the "five major assemblies" of scrapped motor vehicles dismantled by the recycling and disassembly enterprise have the conditions for remanufacturing, they may, in accordance with the relevant provisions of the state, be sold to enterprises with remanufacturing capacity for recycling; if they do not have the conditions for remanufacturing, they shall be sold as scrap metal to smelting or crushing enterprises. "View details
9. In order to curb the frequent cases of illegal discharge, dumping and disposal of hazardous wastes, protect the ecological environment and protect the health of the people, recently, the Ministry of Ecology and Environment, the Ministry of Public Security and the Supreme people's Procuratorate jointly issued the Circular on severely cracking down on Environmental crimes of Hazardous wastes, which was decided from July to November 2020. To organize ecological and environmental departments, public security organs and procuratorial organs throughout the country to carry out activities to severely crack down on illegal and criminal acts of hazardous waste environment. "View details
In June, to prevent waste lithium-ion power batteries from polluting the environment and protect human health, the Ministry of Ecological Environment decided to formulate the national environmental protection standard "Technical Specification for pollution Control of waste Lithium-ion Power batteries". At present, the standard compiling unit has completed the draft for soliciting opinions of the standard. "View details
11. At the end of May, in order to implement the Law of the people's Republic of China on the Prevention and Control of Environmental pollution by solid waste and the measures for the Administration of Hazardous waste Operation licenses, and to further standardize the examination and approval and post-certification supervision of hazardous waste from waste lead batteries, to improve the level of pollution prevention and control of waste lead batteries, the Ministry of Ecology and Environment organized and formulated the guidelines for examination and approval of waste lead Battery Hazardous waste Management Units (for trial implementation). It is hereby announced. "View details
Be careful! The latest solid and repeal Law carries out a maximum fine of 5 million on September 1st, which can be punished on a daily basis, double penalties, work stoppage, production suspension, and closure!
[note] the detailed rules for the recycling of scrapped motor vehicles will be fined for the implementation of scrapped vehicles to bid farewell to illegal dismantling of scrapped vehicles.
[blockbuster] so many solid waste policies and standards come into effect related to enterprises and individuals. Look!
[important] interpretation of the interim measures for the Administration of Recycling and Utilization of lead-acid batteries