SMM9, March 23: according to a recent report, according to GlobalData's transaction database, the total value of global metals and mining transactions reached 2.13 billion US dollars in July 2020. Compared with $4.12 billion the previous month, the value was down 37.4% from the previous month and 48.4% from the average of $4.12 billion in the last 12 months.
In terms of the number of transactions, the industry is up 69.3 per cent from the average of 193 over the past 12 months, compared with an average of 114. In terms of value, Europe is the leader with $929.27 million in deals.
In July 2020, the top five metals and mining transactions accounted for 58.3% of the total value. The total value of the top five metals and mining transactions was $1.24 billion, with a total value of $2.13 billion recorded for the month. The top five metals and mining transactions tracked by GlobalData in July 2020 are:
1) Fortiana buys Highland Gold Mining for $596.5 million
2) Nord Gold buys Cardinal Resources for $253.08 million
3) Grupo Industrial CL buys Grupo Gallardo Balboa SL for $168.3 million
4) Zarva Technology (Group) buys Chifeng Yubang Mining for $139.6 million
5) Auryn Resources acquired Eastmain Resources for $119.22 million.