Home / Metal News / Precious Metals / Statistics Bureau: consumer prices rose 2.5% in June from a year earlier
Statistics Bureau: consumer prices rose 2.5% in June from a year earlier
Jul 9,2020 10:05CST
translation
Source:Bureau of Statistics
The content below was translated by Tencent automatically for reference.

SMM News: in June 2020, the national consumer price rose 2.5% compared with the same period last year. Of this total, urban prices rose by 2.2%, rural areas by 3.2%, food prices by 11.1%, non-food prices by 0.3%, consumer goods prices by 3.5%, and service prices by 0.7%. In the first half of the year, consumer prices nationwide rose 3.8% over the same period last year.

In June, consumer prices across the country fell 0.1 percent from the previous month. Of this total, urban prices fell 0.1 per cent, while rural areas remained flat; food prices rose 0.2 per cent, non-food prices fell 0.1 per cent, consumer goods prices remained unchanged, and service prices fell 0.1 per cent.

I. year-on-year changes in the prices of all kinds of goods and services

In June, the price of food, tobacco and alcohol rose 8.8% from a year earlier, affecting the CPI (consumer price index) to rise by about 2.64%. In food, the price of livestock and meat rose by 57.4%, affecting CPI by about 2.61%, of which pork prices rose by 81.6%, affecting CPI by about 2.05%; aquatic product prices rose by 4.8%, affecting CPI by about 0.09%; and fresh vegetable prices rose by 4.2%, affecting CPI by about 0.10%. Grain prices rose 1.6%, affecting CPI by about 0.03%; fresh fruit prices by 29.0%, affecting CPI by about 0.67%; and egg prices by 13.6%, affecting CPI by about 0.08%.

The prices of the other seven categories have risen three times, one flat and three declines. Among them, the prices of other supplies and services increased by 5.1%, the prices of education, culture, entertainment and health care all rose by 1.9%; the prices of daily necessities and services remained the same; and the prices of transportation and communications, housing and clothing decreased by 4.6%, 0.6% and 0.4%, respectively.

II. Month-on-month changes in the prices of all kinds of goods and services

In June, food, tobacco and alcohol prices rose 0.1% month-on-month, affecting CPI to rise by about 0.04%. In food, the price of fresh vegetables rose 2.8%, affecting CPI by about 0.07%; the price of livestock and meat rose 2.2%, affecting CPI by about 0.15%, of which pork prices rose 3.6%, affecting CPI by about 0.15%; fresh fruit prices fell by 7.6%, affecting CPI by about 0.13%; and egg prices by 3.7%, affecting CPI by about 0.02%.

The prices of the other seven categories have risen one, one flat and five lower than the previous month. Of this total, the prices of other supplies and services increased by 0.4 per cent; the prices of health care remained unchanged; the prices of transportation and communications, education, culture and entertainment all fell by 0.3 per cent, the prices of clothing and housing all decreased by 0.2 per cent, and the prices of daily necessities and services fell by 0.1 per cent.

Scan the QR code and join the aSMM metal communication group.

CPI
economic data

For queries, please contact Frank LIU at liuxiaolei@smm.cn

For more information on how to access our research reports, please email service.en@smm.cn

Related news