Home / Metal News / Copper / Tek's Peruvian Zafranal copper mine may be opposed by local residents
Tek's Peruvian Zafranal copper mine may be opposed by local residents
Oct 21,2019 11:04CST
translation
Source:SMM
The Zafranal copper mine in Peru, owned by Tek Resources, may face opposition from local residents in recent days. It is reported that local residents are already organizing a protest against the pollution of local agricultural water caused by mining projects.
The content below was translated by Tencent automatically for reference.

SMM10, March 21: recently, Tek Resources, located in Peru's Zafranal copper mine may be opposed by local residents.

The Zafranal copper project is under construction, including an open-pit copper mine and a processing plant. Tek Resources owns 80% of the project, while Mitsubishi owns the remaining 20%.

It is reported that local residents are already organizing a protest against the pollution of local agricultural water caused by mining projects.

But Tek Resources and Mitsubishi say the Zafranal project is far from towns and water resources and is located in semi-desert areas with no agricultural activity around it.

"Click to sign up for a thousand people event in China's non-ferrous metals industry.

Share the China Nonferrous Metals Industry Annual meeting registration link to the circle of friends or WeChat group of more than 100 people, and send screenshots to the WeChat account below to get the right to view "SMM Metal Breakfast" for one year (the original price is 300 yuan / year).

Scan QR code plus WeChat

 

Copper
production capacity
price forecast
output

For queries, please contact Frank LIU at liuxiaolei@smm.cn

For more information on how to access our research reports, please email service.en@smm.cn

Related news