SMM News: the National Energy Administration, in conjunction with the National Development and Reform Commission, the Ministry of Science and Technology, and the Ministry of Industry and Information Technology, will jointly issue an action plan for the implementation of the "guidance on promoting Energy Storage Technology and Industrial Development" 2019-2020, which provides a clear division of functions for the next phase of work in the energy storage industry.
In October 2017, the Ministry of Finance, the Ministry of Science and Technology, the Ministry of Industry and Information Technology and the National Energy Administration jointly issued the "guidance on promoting the Development of Energy Storage Technology and Industry", which proposed that energy storage should be promoted in two stages in the next 10 years. The first stage, that is, the 13th five-year Plan period, to achieve the transition from R & D demonstration to the initial stage of commercialization; the second stage, that is, the 14th five-year Plan period, to achieve the initial stage of commercialization to large-scale development.
The specific objectives are to build a number of pilot demonstration projects with different technology types and different application scenarios during the 13th five-year Plan period; to develop a number of major key technologies and core equipment, with the main energy storage technology reaching the international advanced level; to initially establish a system of technical standards for energy storage; to form a number of key technical specifications and standards; to explore a number of business models that can be popularized; and to cultivate a number of competitive market players. The development of energy storage industry has entered the initial stage of commercialization, and the key role of energy storage in the transformation of energy system has initially emerged. During the 14th five-year Plan period, energy storage projects were widely used to form a relatively complete industrial system and become a new economic growth point in the energy field; comprehensively master the key energy storage technology and core equipment with the international leading level, some energy storage technology and equipment lead the international development; form a relatively perfect technology and standard system and have the right to speak internationally; a variety of energy storage business models based on electricity and energy markets are booming; To form a number of internationally competitive market players. With the large-scale development of energy storage industry, the role of energy storage in promoting energy reform and the development of energy Internet is fully demonstrated.
The China Energy Storage Network learned today that in order to implement the "guidance on promoting the Development of Energy Storage Technology and Industry" (Development and Reform Energy  1701, hereinafter referred to as the "guidance"), we will further promote the healthy development of China's energy storage technology and industry, and support the construction of a clean, low-carbon, safe and efficient energy system and the high-quality development of energy. The National Energy Administration, in conjunction with the National Development and Reform Commission, the Ministry of Science and Technology, and the Ministry of Industry and Information Technology, will jointly issue an action plan for the implementation of the "guidance on promoting Energy Storage Technology and Industrial Development" 2019-2020. The plan provides a clear division of functions for the next phase of promoting the energy storage industry, as follows:
In order to implement the "guidance on promoting the Development of Energy Storage Technology and Industry" (Development and Reform Energy  1701, hereinafter referred to as the "guidance"), and to further promote the healthy development of China's energy storage technology and industry, this action plan is hereby formulated to support the construction of a clean, low-carbon, safe and efficient energy system and the high quality development of energy.
I. strengthening the Research and Development of Advanced Energy Storage Technology and Intelligent Manufacturing upgrade
(1) to strengthen the research and development of advanced energy storage technology. In the national key R & D plan, efforts should be made to strengthen the deployment of the R & D task of advanced energy storage technology, and focus on tackling the technical bottlenecks restricting the application and development of energy storage technology, such as scale, efficiency, cost, life, safety, and so on. China's energy storage technology will be at the international leading level in the next 5 to 10 years or more, form a systematic and complete technical layout, and occupy an advantage in the important strategic field of technology. And form a new industrial chain with core competitiveness. (lead Department: Ministry of Science and Technology)
(2) to strengthen the experimental verification of energy storage project research and development. We will focus on promoting the construction of major advanced technology projects such as large-capacity compressed air energy storage, and promote the experimental verification and demonstration of 100 megawatt compressed air energy storage projects. (lead Department: development and Reform Commission)
(3) continue to promote the intelligent upgrading of the energy storage industry and the promotion of the first set (set) of energy storage equipment. Enterprises related to the energy storage industry are encouraged to actively make use of the new intelligent manufacturing model for transformation and upgrading. We will promote the promotion and application of the first set of energy storage equipment, and support eligible energy storage equipment applications to enjoy the insurance compensation policy for the first set (set) of major technical equipment. (lead Department: Ministry of Industry and Information Technology)
(4) to enhance the capacity building for the safety and security of energy storage. On the power side, the energy storage system with fast response speed, high stability and ability to start at any time is adopted to improve the operation stability and fault recovery ability of the unit, and to realize the black start of the generator set in the case of power loss of the whole power plant. In the research of the power grid, the energy storage technology with large easy and fast response speed is adopted to restrain the generator set oscillation caused by the system disturbance, provide enough active power dynamic support in a short time, and reduce the risk of system collapse. (lead Department: Bureau of Energy)
II. Perfecting and implementing the Policy of promoting the Development of Energy Storage Technology and Industry
(5) to promote the landing of supporting policies. We will promote the reform of the electric power system, speed up the reform of incremental distribution business and the construction of the spot power market, improve the market-oriented trading mechanism of electric power, and create a market environment conducive to the development of the energy storage industry. To guide local governments to further establish and improve the peak and valley electricity price policy according to the opinions of the National Development and Reform Commission on innovating and perfecting the Price Mechanism for promoting Green Development (Development and Reform Price Regulation  No. 943), to create conditions for the development of energy storage industry and industry, to explore the establishment of energy storage capacity electricity tariff mechanism, and to promote energy storage to participate in power market transactions to obtain reasonable compensation. (lead Department: development and Reform Commission)
(6) standardizing the development of side energy storage in power grid. Centering on the energy storage on the side of the power grid, together with the local energy departments, organize the relevant consulting bodies and power enterprises to clarify the principles of the planning and construction of the energy storage on the side of the power grid, study the investment recovery mechanism of the project, and standardize and guide the healthy and orderly development of energy storage in the power system. (lead Department: Bureau of Energy)
(7) to establish a filing system for energy storage projects. In accordance with the requirements of the "guiding opinions" and in the light of the actual local conditions, the local record-keeping organs shall be designated, and the local record-keeping organs shall be urged to establish the record-keeping process and the relevant regulations for going out of Taiwan, and to guide enterprises in the filing of energy storage projects. (lead departments: departments in charge of energy investment in provinces, autonomous regions, municipalities directly under the Central Government and municipalities separately listed on the State plan)
III. Promoting the Development of pumped Storage
(8) to adjust the site selection planning of pumped storage power stations and explore and study the construction of seawater pumped storage power stations. On the basis of the site selection planning of pumped storage power stations in key provinces throughout the country during the 12th five-year Plan period, and according to the actual situation of each province, the planning and adjustment of pumped storage power stations in Xinjiang, Shandong and other provinces are completed, and the recommended stations for 2025 level annual pumped storage planning and adjustment are clarified. To organize the General Institute of Hydropower and Water Conservancy Planning and Design and the Fujian Provincial Development and Reform Commission to carry out research work on demonstration technology, construction conditions, supporting policies and owner selection of Fuying Island seawater pumped Storage Power Station in Fujian, and put forward a specific work plan. Strive for funds and price and other relevant policy support to create conditions for the start of the demonstration project. (lead Department: Bureau of Energy)
IV. Promoting the demonstration and Application of Energy Storage projects
(9) to organize the first batch of demonstration projects for energy storage. With the promotion of energy storage technology innovation as the main line, the management regulations and work plans of Taiwan energy storage demonstration projects are formulated and published, and the relevant units are organized to carry out the solicitation and selection of the first batch of energy storage demonstration projects. promote the demonstration application of energy storage in the fields of large-scale renewable energy consumption, distributed generation, microgrid, user side, power system flexibility, power market construction and energy Internet. (lead Department: Bureau of Energy)
(10) to actively promote the construction of national electric power demonstration projects for energy storage. We will actively track the construction of energy storage national power demonstration projects, with emphasis on promoting the construction of Dalian liquid flow energy storage power station, Jiangsu compressed air energy storage power station and Gansu network large-scale battery energy storage power station. (lead Department: Bureau of Energy)
(11) to promote the joint application of energy storage with distributed power generation and centralized new energy power generation. Encourage and support the development of load side energy storage, explore the combination of energy storage and distributed generation, build a distributed energy system, and realize the local absorption and utilization of renewable energy. In order to enhance the local consumption capacity of renewable energy on the user side, based on the planning and implementation of the relevant renewable energy demonstration areas, encourage the implementation of renewable energy + energy storage projects in areas where conditions are available. Research and explore the integration of cutting-edge science and technology such as information technology and artificial intelligence with the field of renewable energy and energy storage. To promote the technical application of centralized new energy power generation and energy storage, combined with the construction of power spot market, in order to reduce the randomness of new energy generation output, guide and support the popularization and application of energy storage technology coordinated with centralized new energy power generation. (lead Department: Bureau of Energy)
(12) to carry out the construction of demonstration projects for energy storage to ensure the safety of power systems. On the power grid side, the energy storage emergency power supply is used as the bottom-keeping power supply under serious natural disasters, so as to improve the speed of power grid fault recovery, build a local strong power grid, and enhance the disaster prevention and disaster resistance ability of the power grid. On the user side, we should carry out the construction of demonstration project for important user energy storage, reduce the fluctuation of electric energy and improve the quality of power supply. When the power supply of the power grid is insufficient or meets other special circumstances, energy storage can provide emergency power supply for users and ensure the stability and uninterrupted power supply of important users. (lead Department: Bureau of Energy)
(13) to promote the participation of energy storage facilities in the electricity auxiliary services market. In accordance with the Circular of the National Energy Administration on the issuance of the work Programme for the improvement of the compensation (Market) Mechanism for Auxiliary Power Services  67, energy storage facilities are encouraged to participate in the electricity auxiliary services market. (lead Department: Bureau of Energy)
V. promoting the Application of Energy Storage in Power batteries of New Energy vehicles
(14) to carry out a study on the interaction between charging facilities and the power grid. We will organize the charging Infrastructure Promotion Alliance and other relevant parties to carry out research on the interaction between charging facilities and the power grid, and carry out pilot demonstration and other related work in 2020. (lead Department: Bureau of Energy)
(15) improve the infrastructure related to energy storage. We will continue to promote the integrated construction of parking and charging, promote the development of energy and transportation integration, and lay the foundation for the energy storage application of power batteries for new energy vehicles. (lead Department: development and Reform Commission)
VI. Strengthening the Standardization of Energy Storage
(16) to improve the construction of a standard system for energy storage. In conjunction with relevant departments, we will go out of Taiwan to strengthen the implementation Plan for the Standardization of Energy Storage, establish a coordination mechanism for the standardization of energy storage, and coordinate and solve major problems in the standardization of energy storage. We will improve the technical organization for energy storage standardization, establish a standard system that is in line with international standards, covers the whole life cycle of energy storage systems and equipment, supports each other, and develops in coordination with each other. We will carry out the research and development of key energy storage technical standards, promote the coordinated development of energy storage technology innovation and standardization, and improve the quality of the standards. Enhance the international influence of China's energy storage standards. (lead Department: Bureau of Energy)
The leading departments should do a good job in the detailed implementation of various tasks and measures in accordance with the division of responsibilities. The National Energy Administration and other relevant departments will further strengthen communication and coordination, earnestly form a joint force in their work, and promote the development of energy storage technology and industry in a down-to-earth manner. All localities should, in the light of local conditions, strengthen docking with the lead departments, refine the tasks and measures, and down-to-earth promote the clear policy measures such as the "guidance" and the effectiveness of this action plan. The local energy industry authorities take the lead in the work of statistics and information feedback, and report to the National Energy Administration on the implementation of the guidance and this Action Plan in December each year. Please provide timely feedback to the National Energy Administration and the relevant lead departments on major issues in the process.