SMM6, 16 July: professor Zheng Xinye, dean of the School of Applied Economics of Renmin University of China, expressed his important views at the "2019 Summit on Innovation-driven High-quality Development of the Renewable Resources Industry." He believes that the innovation-driven high-quality development of the renewable resources industry in 2019 is to achieve the construction of a modern economic system that takes into account sharing, green and growth.
The growth of more than 30 years of reform and opening up depends on capital, labor, technology and institutions.
Problems and challenges faced by Modern Economic system
Thoughts on the Construction of Modern Economic system
Then, Professor Zheng said that only by recognizing the problems of the development of the modern economic system, can we fundamentally construct a high-quality economic system, develop policy innovation from the market, capital, labor, system, environment and other policy construction ideas, and promote the green sharing of the growth of the modern economic system. The following is the specific content of Professor Zheng's speech.
I. the growth of more than 30 years of reform and opening up depends on capital, labour, technology and institutions
1. In order to grow: encourage accumulation, attract foreign investment, so set low income tax in order to drive down the cost of enterprises: low labor standards, low ring standards, pay for low education costs;
two。 In order to reduce costs: the government supplies land at a low price;
3. To make ends meet: supply commercial and residential land at high prices; on the spending side, the government builds roads, bridges, airport ports and docks to help businesses expand their sales range
Negative effects: low wages, large income differences, serious environmental pollution, frequent safety accidents, inadequate investment in life-related infrastructure, uneven regional development.
II. Problems and challenges facing the Modern Economic system
The industrial structure needs to be adjusted urgently;
1) the energy demand of high energy consumption industry accounts for more than half;
2) Energy-consuming products and equipment account for a high proportion of the world.
2. The degree of market opening needs to be improved;
The barriers to entry of foreign investment are high, the barriers to entry of domestic industries are high, and the degree of fair competition in the market needs to be improved.
3. Major innovation plans encounter new risks;
New competitors in the era of globalization: increased dependence on important goods and increased international influence (good or bad? ), the process of globalization is facing obstacles, the pressure of energy conservation and emission reduction is great, the wage difference in the industry is large and difficult to average, and the concept of fair competition is not strong. The lack of anti-monopoly policy, the arrangement of financial system is not conducive to shared development, the fragmentation of social security and public services, the reform of household registration system is in urgent need of acceleration, the central arrangement of environmental policy needs to be adjusted, and the performance of regional support policy and total quantity control policy is further strengthened.
III. Thoughts on the Construction of Modern Economic system
Promoting the Construction of an efficient Economic system
1. To break all the planned economic system and let the market system play a decisive role in the allocation of resources;
2. Give better play to the role of the government:
1) Major programmes to promote innovation, promote technology diffusion, increase technology conversion rates and support basic sciences;
2) Environmental protection:
Optimizing the differential reform of carbon market, environmental tax arrangement and value-added tax rate;
To formulate environmental standards to prevent local "difference competition";
The battle against pollution: readjusting the "four structures"-readjusting the industrial structure, readjusting the industrial structure brought about by various policies, and reducing the energy demand of heavy industry; readjusting the energy structure, increasing the proportion of non-fossil energy and clean utilization of fossil energy; readjusting the transportation structure, developing green transportation, especially green public transport; improving the agricultural input structure: reducing agricultural non-point source pollution and realizing the green and sustainable development of agriculture. Yoo
Reorganize the central relationship to promote green and sharing
(1) the relationship between pollution reduction and growth and prices
Pollution control will not necessarily reduce economic growth and raise the level of prices, but may promote growth, lower prices and improve the overall welfare of the people;
The relationship between helping the poor and growth, helping the poor is not only to promote equity, but also to improve efficiency.
Professor Zheng said: "the new era needs new goals, new conditions, new constraints, new paths, and new ideas into new policies." A modern economic system that takes into account sharing, green and growth will certainly be established with major adjustments in thinking and important policy innovations. It is expected that China will basically realize modernization in 2035 and become a powerful country in 2049. "