SMM5, March 8 / PRNewswire-FirstCall-Asianet / Antofagasta Mining said on Tuesday that a pipeline in Los Pelambres that transported concentrate from a copper processing plant in northern Chile to the port of Los Vilos had been blocked and had now been cleared.
On 19 April, the company discovered that the pipeline was blocked during preventive maintenance, resulting in the immediate shutdown of the pipeline. Antofagasta said it would take up to three months for inventories at factories and ports to return to normal levels.
The company expects copper production to fall by 10000 tons and copper sales to fall by 15000 tons in the six months to June 30.
The impact on copper production is expected to be less than 5000 tons for the whole year. Antofagasta Mining said it would maintain its production target for the full year in the range of 705000 to 740000 tons.
Cao Yuuqin, (SMM) of Shanghai Colored net, translated from https://www.marketwatch.com/story/antofagasta-blockage-at-los-pelambres-now-cleared-2018-05-08
(book: if you have any copyright problems, please contact us in time.)