Home / Metal News / Copper / China consumes 160,100 mt copper scrap in Aug
China consumes 160,100 mt copper scrap in Aug
Sep 29,2018 18:49CST
data analysis
Source:SMM
This included 102,900 mt of imported materials, accounting for 64% of the overall consumption

SHANGHAI, Sep 29 (SMM) – China consumed 160,100 mt of copper scrap in August, according to SMM monthly data on domestic actual consumption of copper scrap, firstly released on September 29. 

August's figure included 102,900 mt of imported materials, accounting for 64% of the overall consumption, while domestic products took up 36%. 

Some 54% of the consumption was from the smelting sector, and the remaining 46% was from the processing sector, SMM data showed. 

Consumption data

For queries, please contact Frank LIU at liuxiaolei@smm.cn

For more information on how to access our research reports, please email service.en@smm.cn