2017-08-15 14:47:00.152 GMT (Bloomberg) -- A town near Freeport-McMoRan’s Grasberg mining complex has been hit by a landslide after weeks of heavy rain, according to an official with the local union.
* Flash flooding caused landslide in Mile 68 of the town Tembaga Pura, Tri Puspital, industrial relations officer of Freeport’s Indonesian unit, PT-FI, says by phone from Papua
* Diesel tank at power plant is on fire after being struck by rocks, causing blackout; no information available yet on casualties: Puspital
* Riza Pratama, a spokesman at PT-FI, confirms the floods by text message, says company is collecting more information
* Spokesman for Phoenix-based Freeport, Eric Kinneberg, didn’t immediately respond to a request for comment
* NOTE, from Aug. 11: Freeport urged to reinstate workers to end Indonesian strike