SMM Sees No Big Drop in Copper Rod Operating Rate in June, Despite Off-Season-Shanghai Metals Market

Hot Keywords

  • Inventory data
  • Zinc
  • Production data
  • Market commentary
  • Macroeconomics
  • Morning comments
  • Futures movement
  • NPI
  • Copper
  • Aluminium
  • Nickel
  • Nickel ore
  • In the United States
  • trade negotiations
  • nickel laterite

SMM Sees No Big Drop in Copper Rod Operating Rate in June, Despite Off-Season

SMM Insight 03:36:33PM Jun 26, 2017 Source:SMM

SHANGHAI, Jun. 26 (SMM) –Operating rates at copper rod producers in China will drop only marginally in June, despite arrival of low-demand season, SMM predicts.

SMM expects the average operating rate to slide around 2 percentage points from May to 72.38% at the 25 copper rod producers surveyed by SMM in June. The survey sample represents a total capacity of 6.11 million tonnes. 

About 80% of those surveyed expect orders to change little in June from May, while the rest 20% expect orders to fall. Some producers will conduct maintenance in June to deal with off-season. 

For news cooperation, please contact us by email: sallyzhang@smm.cn or service.en@smm.cn.
 

SMM Sees No Big Drop in Copper Rod Operating Rate in June, Despite Off-Season

SMM Insight 03:36:33PM Jun 26, 2017 Source:SMM

SHANGHAI, Jun. 26 (SMM) –Operating rates at copper rod producers in China will drop only marginally in June, despite arrival of low-demand season, SMM predicts.

SMM expects the average operating rate to slide around 2 percentage points from May to 72.38% at the 25 copper rod producers surveyed by SMM in June. The survey sample represents a total capacity of 6.11 million tonnes. 

About 80% of those surveyed expect orders to change little in June from May, while the rest 20% expect orders to fall. Some producers will conduct maintenance in June to deal with off-season. 

For news cooperation, please contact us by email: sallyzhang@smm.cn or service.en@smm.cn.