Home / Metal News / Zinc / Falling Coal Prices Cut Power Costs at China Aluminum Smelters
Falling Coal Prices Cut Power Costs at China Aluminum Smelters
May 26,2015 16:39CST
industry news
Source:SMM
Continuous coal price fall has further cut power costs at Chinese aluminum smelters using captive power, SMM has learned.
SHANGHAI, May 26 (SMM) – Continuous coal price fall has further cut power costs at Chinese aluminum smelters using captive power, SMM has learned. 
 
The Bohai-Rim Steam-Coal (5,500 Kcal) Price Index (BSPI) fell for 19 weeks running to 414 yuan ($67) per tonne as of May 22.   
 
As much as 70% of the country’s operational aluminum capacity relies on captive power, with the rest 30% using on-grid power, SMM statistics found. 
 
For news cooperation, please contact us by email: sallyzhang@smm.cn or service.en@smm.cn. 
 
China aluminum capacity
China aluminum production costs

For queries, please contact Frank LIU at liuxiaolei@smm.cn

For more information on how to access our research reports, please email service.en@smm.cn

Related news