Home / Metal News / Tin / Novelis launches high recycled content aluminum product
Novelis launches high recycled content aluminum product
Apr 1,2015 15:40CST
company news
Source:SMM
Novelis- the Atlanta, Georgia-headquartered industrial aluminum producer and recycler has announced launch of new product with high recycled content.

 Author: Paul Ploumis01 Apr 2015 Last updated at 02:04:39 GMT

 
ATLANTA (Scrap Monster): Novelis- the Atlanta, Georgia-headquartered industrial aluminum producer and recycler has announced launch of new product with high recycled content. According to Novelis, the ‘evercycle’ range of products could turn out to be an important milestone in the overall sustainability of the aluminum industry.
 
All products in the evercycle portfolio will be certified by SCS Global Services to contain high recycled content. It is the industry’s first certified high-recycled content aluminum product portfolio for specialty applications. The product contains nearly 90% post-consumer content. The remaining 10% is made up of customer manufacturing scrap. Novelis’ ‘evercycle’ products provides customers a chance to reiterate their commitment to sustainability efforts.
 
According to data, the company had reached 46% recycled content as at the end of last fiscal year. Novelis aims to increase the overall recycled content in their products to 80% by 2020. The company has made huge investments in global recycling facilities since 2011. Consequently, it has more than doubled its recycling capacity to 2.1 million metric tons over the past few years.
 
The ‘evercycle’ products will be initially available only in North America, but soon will be made available across the globe based on the demand for these products.
 
Novelis has been a leader on the recycling front among its peers. The development of ‘evercycle’ portfolio is part of Novelis’ efforts for greening its operations.
Novelis
aluminum
aluminum demand

For queries, please contact Frank LIU at liuxiaolei@smm.cn

For more information on how to access our research reports, please email service.en@smm.cn

Related news